Essbase Systems Analyst
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking an Essbase Systems Analyst that will be responsibile for providing functional, technical, and analytical expertise for supporting and enhancing Essbase system at MGM. We are looking for an experienced Hyperion Planning and Essbase analyst with solid technical skills and an understanding of budgeting and forecasting principles. The candidate will support the day-to-day maintenance and configuration of the Oracle/Hyperion Planning Suite of products. The candidate must possess strong communication skills and analytical skills to effectively work with the business users to determine requirements and translate them into technical solutions. You must excel in a team environment, and must have the ability to independently complete individual tasks in a dynamic environment to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Analysis and Design
• Work with the business community to define business requirements and/or issues
• Prepare data flow diagramming and/or process modeling
• Development and Testing
• Maintain, develop, and troubleshoot Essbase cube outlines, business rules and performance tuning of calculation scripts
• Perform Unit Testing and debugging of applications to ensure the quality of the delivered requirements and overall health of the system
• Production Support
• Identify problems and analyze potential solutions including workarounds
• Assist the business with training and prepare training documentation
• Knowledge of Hyperion Planning (Calculation Manager, Web forms, integration, performance tuning)
• Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase (ASO, BSO, BSO Hybrid, Calculation Scripts, Load Rules)
• Knowledge of FDMEE setup and troubleshooting. Understanding of data integration/interfacing from other enterprise systems a must
• Knowledge of Financial Reporting
• Experience in creating, maintaining and supporting all application artifacts including, outlines, calculation scripts, report scripts, rules files for dimension building and data loading
• Experience in Security Setup and Management: User groups, User roles, assigning server and application access, Calc Script user access, Essbase filters, assignment of application access type
• Understanding of ASO, BSO and BSO Hybrid cube architecture, proficiency in optimizing calculations, cube restructures & defrag procedures for optimal performance
• Proficient with MS Office products, specifically advanced Excel skills using macros and VB scripts to perform advanced data operations
• Experience with optimizing Smart View queries and submittals
• Ability to track and complete multiple requests and priorities in a dynamic environment.
• Strong analytical and system design skills, and problem recognition and problems solving skills, with a track record of seeing tasks through to successful completion.
Additional skills preferred:
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in Accounting or Accounting Information Systems
• Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience with Hyperion Planning and Essbase
• Experience in applying Oracle software patches for system maintenance and/or bug fixes
• Experience providing alternatives based on best practices and application functionality
• Knowledge in SDLC (software development life cycle)
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.