Director / VP, Interactive Games- Business Development
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Meyer Studios Inc. seeks a Director/Vice President, Interactive Games - Business Development executive for its Consumer Products licensing group.
The Director/VP, Interactive Games will work closely with the EVP, Global Consumer Products & Experiences to formulate and implement an interactive games strategy for licensing across all video game platforms as well as manage the-day-to-day licensee projects in development. The position will be responsible for developing a roster of interactive products that incorporate MGM's vast slate of new and catalog film and television properties. The ideal candidate will have experience working across all digital platforms, including but not limited to: Mobile (iOS, Android, Windows), Console (Sony Playstation, Microsoft Xbox, Nintendo Switch), PC/Mac, and AR/VR platforms.
The ideal candidate will leverage industry and emerging technology trends, publisher relationships, consumer insights, and internal resources across finance, marketing, and operations, this person must deliver against in-year revenue end EBITDA plans for interactive games.
• Manage a slate of interactive products - Serve as the business contact with internal and external partners on products
• Supervise - In-house games producer
• Cross-Functional Relationships - Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with internal and external cross functional groups, including film & TV production, marketing, distribution, corporate business development and creative resources to ensure maximum brand equity to deliver innovative, high quality/brand-enhancing products that meet franchise, financial and schedule goals
• Business Strategy -- Work with the group EVP and Corp Business Development team in evaluating the current strategy and/or developing a new interactive games strategy for MGM across mobile, console gaming, AR/VR gaming, and newly emerging game subscription services. Experience dealing with video game consoles and/or technology platforms and ecosystems, such as streaming
• New Business Development -- Target potential third party businesses, licensing and development partners across mobile, console gaming, AR/VR gaming, and newly emerging game subscription services and ensure a comprehensive platform, licensing, game development and publishing strategy
• Deal Term Negotiations -- Negotiate commercial agreements and act as the interface between internal stakeholders and the prospective licensees in assuring the best terms and conditions and operational aspects of the project that will deliver a best-in-class game
• New & Emerging Technology Expertise -- Act as the company expert in new interactive games platforms and emerging technology. A sharp industry veteran with a solid track record of building successful gaming businesses
• P&L Responsibility - Highly accountable to deliver revenue versus forecast along with managing expenses to deliver company EBITDA goals
• BA/BS required
• 10 years of relevant experience in the gaming industry
• Deep knowledge of games business, competitive landscape and emerging trends
• An experienced strategist and new business development
• Experience across other relevant platforms including mobile, A/R, VR gaming, and newly emerging game subscription services
• Skilled contract negotiator
• Strong grasp of numbers and models, and utilizing them to make informed decisions that contribute to our goals
• Experience influencing cross-functional stakeholders to align goals
• Critical thinker who enjoys creatively solving any problem
• Ability to thrive in an environment with big challenges, broad impact, and quick turnaround times
• Detail-oriented person with outstanding communication skills at macro and micro levels (e.g. strong Excel, PowerPoint, and presentation skills highly effective written and verbal communication skills)
• Ability to present to CEO-level audience
• Passion for video games!
• Experience working with video game console companies
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.