Director, Multiplatform Research
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios IncNew York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM company, is looking for a Director, Multiplatform Research that directs and delivers actionable and timely programming, distribution, marketing and digital research to provide guidance on network performance and viewing across multiple platforms. This role will facilitate the development of growth initiatives across EPIX channels and platforms. This individual is responsible for directing EPIX research needs and priorities based on the company's Programming and Scheduling objectives. The Director, Multiplatform Research will support senior management and internal business partners by tracking viewer engagement, providing market and competitive analyses and disseminating strategic content insights to ensure that the EPIX story is effectively communicated to key constituents.
• Track and report engagement and viewership across all EPIX platforms -- linear TV, EPIX on Demand and EPIX.com/EPIX apps, -- using a variety of internal and syndicated data sources
• Conduct research projects to identify and understand key drivers influencing movie and original programming viewership, and multiplatform usage
• Provide a fresh perspective to existing reporting to keep pace with the changing television landscape
• Manage ongoing reports and proactively communicate compelling findings and meaningful recommendations to senior management, Programming, Scheduling, Marketing, Digital, Distribution and Finance departments
• Develop presentations and summaries for senior management
• Analyze partner performance including subscription, conversion, usage and engagement trends, churn and lifetime value
• Partner with marketing, and distribution to highlight opportunities to drive partner growth
• Manage one direct report
• 7 years research experience with a media or entertainment company or full-service supplier
• Experience in ratings estimates and forecasting in television research
• Experience in content performance tracking as it related to digital, T2C and TVE
• Competent with Tableau, Microsoft Excel (VBA, Macros, Pivot Tables, etc.)
• Hands-on experience with audience measurement and digital tracking methodologies
• Comprehensive knowledge of media and entertainment and digital industry data sources
• Familiarity with relevant software applications that extract data from primary sources (Nielsen Suite, comScore, etc.) and/or understanding of ratings and viewing statistics
• Proficient with spreadsheet and graphics packages; experience with data visualization tools a plus
• Deep understanding of the media and entertainment industries, including multichannel video, premium TV, video on demand, digital video subscription and streaming services
• Good understanding of the best practices and technical requirements for digital, linear and cross platform measurement
• Strong metrics-based quantitative and analytical abilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize information to highlight key insights and craft "story-telling" presentations
MGM prioritizes the health and well-being of employees and vaccines are the best tool currently available to help control this global pandemic and protect our employees. Therefore, for everyone's safety, as a condition of employment all employees will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to the availability of reasonable accommodation when required by law).
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.