Director, Licensing and Clearance
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Director of Licensing and Clearance to service the clearance needs of the Film & TV Music Department. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced, creative environment in the entertainment industry.
• Work closely with Music Creative and Business & Legal Affairs to address any music licensing needs
• Oversee music clearances for MGM films by negotiating fees and licensing terms with music publishers record companies, pursuing the necessary approvals from third parties, drafting form synchronization, master and soundtrack licenses, managing budgets, and tracking all licenses through to full execution and payment
• Read scripts and provide budget estimates for licensed music
• Provide music rights research and reports as necessary to address business or legal needs
• Compile song credits for end title crawl
• Aid in the internal processing and external distribution of licensing payments in an efficient, accurate and timely manner
• Attend Music Team Meetings, provide updates on projects, and collaborate on the successful release of all visual media in corresponding productions
• Support the wider music and legal teams on broader initiatives and strategic planning
• Maintain MGM internal music database
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the film & tv music industry (7 years of experience preferred)
• Prior experience working in music clearance for a motion picture or television studio, production company, trailer house, record label, music publisher, or music supervision company
• In-depth knowledge of advanced music licensing terms and conditions and the ability to understand, interpret, negotiate, and draft contractual agreements
• Strong contacts in the music industry with major and independent record labels and music publishers
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced office
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail is a must
• Exceptional negotiation, communication and research skills
• A driven self-starter and proactive team player
• Personable, collaborative, and team-oriented spirit with the ability to navigate a multitude of professionals with different interests
• Deadline-oriented and demonstrates a sense of urgency
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.