Director, Licensed Media and Advertising
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is seeking a Director, Licensed Media and Advertising to head its advertising and non-advertising clips and stills business. MGM Licensed Media and Advertising resides within the MGM Global Consumer Products group at MGM Studios.
The Director, Licensed Media & Advertising will work closely with the EVP, Global Consumer Products & Experiences to formulate and implement a global licensed media business leveraging the MGM library of content for non-advertising media initiatives as well as directly lead the expansion of the licensed advertising business. The position will be responsible for driving all licensed media initiatives across the MGM library. Experience in developing global licensed promotions and/or licensing experience in the FMCG and food category is a plus.
• Oversees all aspects of MGM's Licensed Media and Advertising category (advertising and non-advertising) with direct involvement in international servicing and negotiations
• Actively pitches advertising agencies in the U.S. and facilitates sales efforts and client outreach for MGM's international category representatives
• Acts as the primary point person for all incoming licensed advertising inquiries and is responsible for reviewing and vetting creative, negotiating deal points, collaborating with clients to increase opportunities, and liaising with legal to confirm and clarify rights
• Creates sales materials, guidelines, and promotional elements to support category efforts specifically targeting Licensed Advertising business initiatives
• Direct management of a coordinator and the non-advertising clips and still business
• Leads efforts in other related licensed category initiatives including global / market specific promotions and FMCG
• Seek out and foster relationships for new revenue streams/opportunities in advertising, television, film, and new media
• Pitch MGM's film and television portfolio, characters and/or still photography for advertising campaigns, Film/TV projects, and other productions
• Develop and maintain business relationships with Ad Agencies, Clearance/Licensing Agents, and top-level talent representatives
• Bachelor's degree required
• 7-10 years related work experience in a similar entertainment studio position as an advertising account executive or promotions FMGC new business development
• Strong contacts in the advertising creative community
• Strong sales and negotiation skills
• Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of personalities and styles
• Strong presentation skills and ability to speak clearly and compellingly in front of large groups
• Ability to travel to key markets for the purposes of presenting Company's portfolio to key agency representatives
• Exceptionally strong client servicing skills and ability to follow-up on initiatives quickly and efficiently
• Fast paced work environment requires strong multitasking skills, excellent time management, and a high attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Knowledge of all standard computer programs including Outlook, Word, and Excel
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.