Director, Financial Reporting and Analysis
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Director, Financial Reporting and Analysis who will be responsible for departmental financial planning & analysis, as well as, oversight of the monthly financial close process. The role is dedicated to business operation teams (original programming, acquisition programming, digital, and G&A) that require a high degree of teamwork and partnership, to proactively manage departmental business forecasts, evolving business strategies and demands. Additionally, as part of the monthly financial close and reporting process to MGM, the role is responsible to ensure internal controls are operating effectively. Finally, the role will work closely with the Vice President of FP&A, CFO and MGM Finance Team to support other ad hoc financial requests and projects as necessary. The role oversees direct reports and works closely with all finance team members.
• Responsibility for monthly/quarterly financial close process and related reporting to MGM Finance
• Work in a departmental operational team to own and facilitate departmental budget/forecasts, as well as, other operational analysis. Must work cross functionally with other operating teams and embedded finance personnel to ensure forecasts are complete and accurate
• Review and approve monthly journal entries, as necessary across departments (i.e. original programming, acquisitions, digital, and G&A), personnel costs, tax reporting
• Oversee monthly account reconciliation package for balance sheet key accounts
• Develop and maintain internal financial controls to provide ongoing financial reporting integrity
• Assist in developing accounting policies, procedures and process improvements
• Support CFO with strategic analysis, financial modelling, presentations and ad-hoc requests
• Manage external audit requests and provide support to MGM Finance as necessary
• Prepare financial reporting and supporting reporting schedules as necessary
• Assist with ad hoc management requests; general departmental support
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• Minimum 6-8 years relevant work experience
• CPA (or equivalent), MBA a plus
• Proven ability to perform effective work load prioritization and time management to meet deadlines
• Team leader with the ability to work with and communicate with people at different levels
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Ability to be a self-starter, take initiative and follow through while working independently
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to be thorough with attention to detail
• Strong communication skills (oral, written & listening)
• Prior entertainment & media experience a plus
• Experience in SAP a plus
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; Perpetual Grace, LTD, starring Sir Ben Kingsley; Get Shorty, featuring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano; spy thriller Deep State; and docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; and PUNK from John Varvatos and Iggy Pop; as well as upcoming premieres of new series Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes; docuseries Slow Burn, based on the hit podcast, and Laurel Canyon. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.