Director, Content Distribution
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company is seeking a Director to join the Content Distribution Team, as it continues to expand to meet growing demand. The Director will be responsible for the day to day account management of assigned MVPD and Digital accounts including but not limited to securing product launches and favorable packaging as well as building strong business partnerships.
• Maximize EPIX subscriber and revenue growth among assigned distributors
• Analyze and anticipate key marketplace trends as well as revenue and expense trends for assigned accounts
• Collaborate with Vice President and other internal executives on account strategy, contract development, sell-in and execution of initiatives that support channel priorities and goals
• Gather information on customer trends, plans, priorities and obstacles by regularly meeting with clients; share intelligence with appropriate Content Distribution team members to maximize opportunities and minimize risks
• Identify and target prospect platforms for potential product distribution and packaging
• Build and maintain strong business relationships with key decision makers
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Minimum 7 years' experience in a national account or field sales role, preferably with a Premium Service or other similar transactional business
• Proven track record of success in negotiating and executing distribution agreements for linear and/or VOD networks
• Strong sales and negotiating skills with outstanding business acumen
• Communicates clear and persuasive strategic direction while presenting to distributors and senior staff (e.g., excel and power point skills expected)
• Problem-solver, creative thinker with strong analytical and financial skills
• Undergraduate degree required; emphasis on business preferred
EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late-night comedy docuseries Unprotected Sets, from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC, and Perpetual Grace, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television. To learn more about career opportunities with EPIX, please visit https://corp.epix.com/#working-at-epix
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.