Director, Audience Research
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Director, Audience Research to direct and deliver actionable and timely programming, marketing and digital research to provide guidance on network performance and viewing across multiple platforms. This role will facilitate the development of growth initiatives across EPIX channels and platforms. This individual is responsible for directing EPIX research needs and priorities based on the company's Programming and Scheduling objectives. The Director, Audience Research will support senior management and internal business partners by tracking viewer engagement, providing market and competitive analyses and disseminating strategic content insights to ensure that the EPIX story is effectively communicated to key constituents.
• Track and report engagement and viewership across all EPIX platforms -- linear TV, EPIX on Demand and EPIX.com/EPIX apps, as well as on social media -- using a variety of internal and syndicated data sources
• Conduct research projects to identify and understand key drivers influencing movie and original programming viewership, and multiplatform usage
• Maintain the Nielsen EPIX Dictionary
• Provide a fresh perspective to existing reporting to keep pace with the changing television landscape
• Manage ongoing reports and proactively communicate compelling findings and meaningful recommendations to senior management, Programming, Scheduling, Marketing, Digital, Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Creative Services and Finance departments
• Develop presentations and summaries for senior management
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Minimum 7 years research experience with a media or entertainment company or full-service supplier
• Experience in ratings estimates and forecasting in television research
• Understand the best practices and technical requirements for digital, linear and cross platform measurement
• Familiar with relevant software applications that extract data from primary sources (Nielsen Suite, Pathmatics, comScore, etc.) and/or understanding of ratings and viewing statistics
• Competent with Tableau, PowerBI, Microsoft Excel (VBA, Macros, Pivot Tables, etc.)
• Deep understanding of the media and entertainment industries, including multichannel video, premium TV, video on demand, digital video subscription and streaming services
• Hands-on experience with audience measurement and digital tracking methodologies
• Comprehensive knowledge of media and entertainment and digital industry data sources
• Strong metrics-based quantitative and analytical abilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize information to highlight key insights and craft "story-telling" presentations
• Proficient with spreadsheet and graphics packages; experience with data visualization tools a plus
EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late-night comedy docuseries Unprotected Sets, from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC, and Our Lady, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
At EPIX, we value creative and innovative thinkers who want to join a team that's working to redefine television. To learn more about career opportunities with EPIX, please visit https://corp.epix.com/#working-at-epix
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.