Digital Project Manager
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
At EPIX, we dream, design and build the media world we want to live in - then, we make it a reality for all of our consumers, no matter what platform they're watching us on.
Being part of the EPIX team means:
• You're cool with working on lots of awesome things, often at the same time
• You like perfect, but you understand Agile, so you respect the build/iterate/optimize approach
• You're willing to fail in order to innovate, and unafraid to dabble in things like chatbots, AR, VR and whatever else is new or cool
• You thrive in a world where micromanagement isn't a thing
• You're as big a fan of movies and TV as we are, but have an even greater obsession with working on a team filled with smart, fun, opinionated people united in building solutions for whatever comes our way
The EPIX team is passionate, energetic, motivated, lean and fun. We believe deeply in collaboration across the board -- marketing works with creative, editorial tests alongside product managers and operations collaborates with design. Everyone at EPIX comes together to power our streaming experience. We've got personality for days, welcome any challenge or deadline and are committed to providing our audience with a best in class user experience.
The Digital Project Manager is a critical member of the EPIX digital team, organizing the team and its resources to succeed across sprint efforts, and championing an approach that works best based on the overall velocity and potential output. As Digital Project Manager, you will plan sprints, monitor sprint progress and work on efficiencies from one sprint to the next. You will have a strong background in juggling multiple priorities and experience working with a large development team as well as product, QA, upper management, editorial, and design teams. The individual will help with gap analysis in our current agile process and coordinate enterprise-wide updates that will streamline multiple scrum teams to make product delivery seamless and efficient.
• Oversee the EPIX digital projects pipeline and guide core team on agile practices and sprint activities
• Responsible for pre-project planning, project kickoff facilitation, creation of project plan, overseeing successful execution of project plan with timely communication to all project stakeholders, optimizing communication through face-to-face discussions, meetings, email, Gantt chart preparation and other techniques
• Serve as both project manager and scrum master, utilizing EPIX project frameworks in both Agile and traditional project management approaches
• Jira expert: Proficiently maintain JIRA tickets, backlogs,and Kanban/Scrum boards across projects and teams to improve visibility into queues to better track progress and blockers
• Identify issues proactively, resolve conflicts, escalate if necessary, and work across the organization to execute the project
• Prepare and communicate project progress/status reports for management review
• Work with offshore development teams, when applicable, to tightly integrate them into project work streams
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least 3-5 years of experience in digital project management or related area
• Familiarity and experience with Agile SCRUM/ Kanban software development methodologies
• Scrum or Agile certification strongly preferred
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Excellent communication and team building skills
• Strong experience with project management tools like Trello, Roadmunk, and Jira/Confluence is desirable
• Team player a must
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Possess superb written and verbal communications and presentation skills
/Experience (Any of these is a plus)
• Scrum Master certification
• Experience managing projects involving mobile products (e.g., apps for iOS, Android, etc.) desirable
• Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one to two years for a software development team
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
• Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs,etc)
• Previous experience as a team lead
• Excellent communication and mentoring skills
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; Perpetual Grace, LTD, starring Sir Ben Kingsley; spy thriller Deep State; War of the Worlds, from Howard Overman and starring Gabriel Byrne and Elizabeth McGovern; docu-series Slow Burn based on the hit podcast, docu-series NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen and Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes, Gareth Neame and the creative team from Downton Abbey; as well as upcoming premieres of drama Chapelwaite, based on the short story Jerusalem's Lot by Stephen King and starring Academy Award winner Adrien Brody; two-part music docu-series Laurel Canyon; and six-part docu-series Helter Skelter, executive produced and directed by Lesley Chilcott. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.