Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
At EPIX, we dream, design and build the media world we want to live in - then, we make it a reality for all of our consumers, no matter what platform they're watching us on.
Being part of the EPIX team means:
• You're cool with working on lots of awesome things, often at the same time
• You like perfect, but you understand Agile, so you respect the build/iterate/optimize approach
• You're willing to fail in order to innovate, and unafraid to dabble in things like chatbots, AR, VR and whatever else is new or cool
• You thrive in a world where micromanagement isn't a thing
• You're as big a fan of movies and TV as we are, but have an even greater obsession with working on a team filled with smart, fun, opinionated people united in building solutions for whatever comes our way
The EPIX team is passionate, energetic, motivated, lean and fun. We believe deeply in collaboration across the board -- marketing works with creative, editorial tests alongside product managers and operations collaborates with design. Everyone at EPIX comes together to power our streaming experience. We've got personality for days, welcome any challenge or deadline and are committed to providing our audience with a best in class user experience.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
We are seeking a Digital Designer who will provide execution and delivery of all graphic assets needed to support content representation, promotion and marketing across all EPIX digital platforms and partners.
The Digital Designer also supports the Design Team in the ideation and development of design, artwork and layout solutions for new features and concepts across the EPIX ecosystem as well as new video product services, as well as testing these ideas.
• Maintain and manage a library of all image-based editorial assets needed on an ongoing basis to populate the EPIX digital platforms, as well as an inventory of where these assets live and how they are created
• Ensure the complete and timely delivery of all assets as assigned pursuant to a specific project.
• Work closely with our multi-disciplinary team and based on their input have ability to design/develop striking, sophisticated and highly impactful graphics.
• Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
• Identify every day design problems and devise elegant solutions
• Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• 3-5 years' experience in graphic design
• Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud with an emphasis in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Aftereffects.
• Experience in user-centered design principles
• Sharp design sensibilities with a strong understanding of color and layout, critical thinking, and an eye for details
• Ability to multi-task while working independently and with a team
• Ability to Stay cool under tight deadlines, respond quickly and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Well versed in Mac OS
• College degree required
What's nice to have:
• Experience with user testing platforms such as UserTesting.com, Userzoom, and Alpha
• Experience designing for both iOS and Android
What will get you two enthusiastic thumbs up:
• Experience with qualitative testing methodologies
• Experience with User Interface design
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; Perpetual Grace, LTD, starring Sir Ben Kingsley; Get Shorty, featuring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano; spy thriller Deep State; and docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; and PUNK from John Varvatos and Iggy Pop; as well as upcoming premieres of new series Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes; docuseries Slow Burn, based on the hit podcast, and Laurel Canyon. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.