Database and SAP Basis Administration, Senior Manager
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Culver City, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Senior Database and SAP BASIS Manager to join the Media Technology Group to manage a portfolio of applications and resources focusing on databases and system administration. This person plays an integral role in connecting the DBA and SAP BASIS teams with key stakeholders, providing leadership and partnership in the delivery of key projects, system design, and daily production tasks. Superior leadership qualities, excellent communication skills and technical aptitude are must haves. This position will partner with resources across various groups, including Security, Data Analytics, Infrastructure and Application Development to provide an effective, secure ecosystem that operates with a high degree of performance and uptime.
Ideally the individual will have experience with transforming an on-premise eco-system to a cloud based environment. Strong IT Infrastructure technical background with in-depth understanding of operating systems, storage solutions, data security, system architecture, data modeling, hardware procurement/provisioning, etc., and a deep technical skillset in administering, designing and building databases and the SAP application are crucial.
• Manage DBA group's initiatives and responsibilities. Provide leadership, direction and mentoring to the DBA and SAP BASIS team to deliver 24x7 support, resolving issues, optimizing services and ensuring the high availability and performance of the backend of critical business systems, including SAP.
• Develop and deliver strategic goals (e.g., migrating to cloud and HANA) and standards for enterprise eco-systems in cooperation with department managers and key stakeholders.
• Design, develop, implement and maintain various RDBMS and cloud based database and data warehouse instances.
• Conduct database and application performance tuning, complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities.
• Design, develop, implement and maintain new tools to manage, upgrade and monitor databases.
• Hands-on analysis and resolution of issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end in production, development, and quality assurance cycles.
• Test, validate and implement performance and resource solutions.
• Review, design and develop data models in conjunction with the application development teams.
• On-call for production databases on a rotation basis.
• Establish security processes within the teams in support of the company's security practices. Monitor and maintain database security and database software.
• Work with business units and application development teams to understand application requirements and guide the teams in the development of secure, scalable, and high-performance eco-systems.
• Keen insight into IT process improvement - Dev/Ops with a focused pursuit of automation within the SDLC and a strong sense of consistency throughout development and production environments.
• Establish and support change management process.
• Develop capacity-planning processes to monitor and forecast database resource utilization.
• Support audit related requirements and activities. Ensure compliance requirements are adhered to.
• Participate in contract negotiations and budgeting process.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
• Preferred 12 years of relevant work experience including proven ability to successfully lead and oversee critical projects and cross functional efforts.
• 5 years of leadership experience
• 8 years of hands-on DBA and SAP BASIS administration experience
• Strong working knowledge and understanding of key concepts in database management, SDLC, Dev/Ops and cloud services.
• Hands-on database administration experience with various database technologies and solutions (e.g. Oracle, Sql Server, Sybase, Amazon Snowflake, Redshift, Teradata, etc.).
• Engaged in Data Migration from one database to another.
• Familiarity with integration platforms/ETL tools such as Informatica (BCI netweaver/listeners), and Microsoft technical stack, including SSIS/SSRS.
• Strong working knowledge of SAP (including ECC, CRM, Vistex, industry-specific modules such as IPM/IS-Media, HANA, FIORI, etc.).
• Running production systems on a global level.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and client stakeholder management within IT and the Business groups.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities well and to support outside of normal business hours.
• Performance tuning across all platforms and understanding of join techniques such as HASH, NESTED LOOPS etc., and the use of Oracle Hints.
• In-depth knowledge of Oracle based SAP file system.
• Hands-on with SQL*Plus, Shell scripting (KSH, etc.), Linux administration.
• Experience with various backup/restore methods and tools such as Netbackup, Oracle Recovery Manager, etc.
• Experience using Imperva and other security/monitoring tools.
• Experience with Amazon AWS, Red Shift, Snowflake, and Cloud migration skills/exposure.
• Familiarity with business applications such as SAP, Oracle Hyperion (Essbase), Salesforce, MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc.
• Knowledge on Networks, Firewalls, etc.
• Experience with terabyte databases and strong query and database tuning skills.
• Knowledge of DBA best practices (e.g., schema management, index optimization).
• Good knowledge of OS Windows/Linux administration, VMware virtualization, NAS/SAN storage, failover clustering, SAN replication, and other high availability technologies.
• In-depth knowledge of SAP architecture across the Netweaver platform.
• Architect and implement day-to-day SAP basis administration activities in a complex multi-tier SAP landscape.
• Knowledge/experience with HANA database and migration, with working experience of applications such as ECC, CRM, IPM/IS-Media, Vistex, SolMan, Fiori, BW, S4 and C4/HANA, etc.
• Experience working with SAP installations, upgrades (SAP version, EHP, SPS, Kernel, SUM), maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting of issues, system refreshes/copies, and tuning and optimization.
• Experience working with security, middleware, integration and web technologies for SAP solutions.
• Experience working with change management tools such as RealTech Transport manager and security/access control tools such as CyberSafe.
• Experience in setting up SSO, SAML/https implementation, and SICF/SICF_SESSIONS services activation.
• Experience with netWeaver gateway, SAP FIORI, OData services, service-based API's (e.g. SOAP, Rest), etc.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.