Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios IncCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
MGM Studios is seeking a database administrator to join the Media Technology Group to manage a portfolio of applications and resources focusing on databases and system administration. This person plays an integral role in managing and supporting various database and data warehouse systems. Superior technical skills, excellent communication, and aptitude to learn new technologies are must haves. This position will partner with resources across various groups, including Security, Analytics, Infrastructure and Application Development to provide an effective, secure database ecosystem that operates with a high degree of performance and availability.
Strong IT Infrastructure technical background with in-depth understanding of operating systems, storage solutions, data security, system architecture, data modeling, and a deep technical skillset in administering, designing and building databases are crucial.
• Managing and supporting Oracle, SQL Server, Snowflake and RedShift databases to deliver 24x7 support, resolving issues, optimizing services and ensuring the high availability and performance of the databases and applications.
• Design, develop, implement, and maintain Oracle, SQL Server, Postrgress, MySQL RDBMS and cloud-based databases and data warehouse instances on AWS cloud.
• Conduct database and application performance tuning, complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• Perform scheduled maintenance, regular patching, database upgrades and support release deployment activities.
• Design, develop, implement and maintain new tools to manage, upgrade and monitor databases
• Hands-on analysis and resolution of issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end in production, development, and quality assurance cycles.
• Test, validate and implement performance and resource solutions
• Review, design and develop data models in conjunction with the application development teams
• On-call for production databases on a rotation basis
• Establish security processes within the teams in support of the company's security practices. Monitor and maintain database security and database software
• Work with business units and application development teams to understand application requirements and guide the teams in the development of secure, scalable, and high-performance database eco-systems.
• Keen insight into IT process improvement - Dev/Ops with a focused pursuit of automation within the SDLC and a strong sense of consistency throughout development and production environments.
• Establish and support change management process.
• Develop capacity-planning processes to monitor and forecast database resource utilization.
• Support audit related requirements and activities. Ensure compliance requirements are adhered to.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
• Preferred 7 years of relevant work experience including proven ability to successfully lead and oversee critical projects and cross functional efforts.
• 8 years of hands-on Oracle, SQL Server Database administration experience
• 4 years of hands-on Snowflake or Redshift Cloud data warehouse systems
• Experience in automating patching and regular database administration functions
• Strong experience in database management, SDLC, Dev/Ops and cloud services.
• Strong database administration experience with various database technologies and solutions (e.g. Oracle, Sql Server, Sybase, Amazon Snowflake, Redshift and etc.)
• Engaged in Data Migration from one database to another.
• Familiarity with integration platforms/ETL tools such as Workato Informatica (BCI netweaver/listeners)
• Strong working knowledge of supporting SAP (including ECC, CRM, Vistex, industry-specific modules such as IPM/IS-Media, HANA, FIORI, etc.).
• Running production systems on a global level.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and client stakeholder management within IT and the Business groups.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities well and to support outside of normal business hours.
• Performance tuning across all platforms and understanding of join techniques such as HASH, NESTED LOOPS etc., and the use of Oracle Hints.
• In-depth knowledge of managing EC2 and RDS databases instances on AWS
• Hands-on with SQL*Plus, Shell scripting (KSH, etc.), Linux administration
• Experience with various backup/restore methods and tools such as AWS Snapshot, Oracle Recovery Manager, etc.
Experience with Amazon AWS, Red Shift, Snowflake, and Cloud migration skills/exposure.
• Familiarity with business applications such as SAP, Oracle Hyperion (Essbase), Salesforce, MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc.
• Experience with terabyte databases and strong query and database tuning skills
• Knowledge of DBA best practices (e.g., schema management, index optimization)
• Good knowledge of OS Windows/Linux administration failover clustering, SAN replication, and other high availability technologies
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.