Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/16/2019 6:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Data Engineer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Data Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Data Engineer?
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Data Engineer work closely with the digital team, data stewards, product managers, as well as marketing, sales and business development teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge to make sound product and organizational decisions. In this role, it is vital to be a creative thinker and propose innovative ways to extract/combine/manipulate data that feed many systems in near real-time.
• Design, develop and maintain data software pipelines
• Manage EPIX's data lake in test and production environments
• Collaborate in team discussions that require data science and machine learning computation
• Data mine multiple sets of data in different formats from multiple internal and external sources
• Combine structured and unstructured data sets to be used for analysis in production systems such as recommendation engines and tools like Tableau
• Solve and enhance bottlenecks in the software stack by working closely with our DevOps and API engineering team
• Create feedback loops within multiple channels: dashboards, alert systems and real time data integration for use in production applications
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• BS in Computer Science, Data Science or Engineering
• 3-4 years of data-related software development
• Knowledge in facility extracting, mapping and scripting data from various in-house and 3rd party tools
• Experience with big data as well as sparse datasets
• Strong competency in SQL, JQL, NoSQL, Python
• Interest in data classification strategies and their uses (DBSHIFT, KMC, EM etc.) and machine learning techniques (Tensorflow, MS ML Suite)
• Familiarity with scrum based environments
• Passionate about learning emerging techniques and the state of the art in data processing, analytics and machine learning -- you use data to inform and make decisions
• Pride in your craft and enjoy building informative, reliable products
• Enthusiastic about data's impact on the world and are curious, generous, and can hustle in a competitive environment
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; Perpetual Grace, LTD, starring Sir Ben Kingsley; Get Shorty, featuring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano; spy thriller Deep State; and docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; and PUNK from John Varvatos and Iggy Pop; as well as upcoming premieres of new series Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes; docuseries Slow Burn, based on the hit podcast, and Laurel Canyon. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.