Coordinator, Unscripted TV Business and Legal Affairs
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Coordinator for the Unscripted & Alternative Television Business and Legal Affairs department. The successful candidate must have experience handling a wide range of tasks supporting the department and its productions and be able to work well with internal and external teams in an environment of constantly changing priorities.
• Maintain and manage option tracking calendars and similar reports
• Receive documentation and related materials from productions and manage ingestion into the studio's filing and similar systems
• Prepare and coordinate the execution of documents (e.g., DocuSign, scanning, photocopying) and manage the distribution of documents internally and externally
• Format and proofread contracts and forms
• Communicate internally and externally with business partners in support of the development and production activities of the department
• Review and facilitate departmental sign off on program credits
• Manage the processing and fulfillment of various payments for development and production-related activities (e.g., options, music licenses, etc.), in collaboration with relevant other departments
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure deadlines are met
• Various ad hoc projects, as needed
• BA/BS degree required
• Minimum of 2 years as a paralegal in the business and legal affairs or distribution department of a studio or production company or minimum of 4 years as an assistant in these departments
• Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Box, PDF file conversion, database programs)
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through skills are of the highest importance
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multitask, prioritize projects / requests, and expertly problem solve
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information in a discrete manner
• Self-starter with a driven, motivated work ethic
• Strong interpersonal skills and team-oriented combined with the ability to take initiative, think creatively, and work independently
• Must be able to perform increasingly challenging projects and tasks in a fast-paced organization under minimal supervision
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.