Coordinator, Post Production
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company, is seeking a Post Production Coordinator who will provide daily support to the Head of Post Production on all EPIX series, including scripted, unscripted and documentary specials. In this role, you will also ensure that assets are delivered to EPIX within the approved schedule and according to technical specification while also managing a myriad of requests from internal and external stakeholders.
• Answer phone, schedule meetings, phone calls, and conference calls for VP, Head of Post Production
• Book travel and prepare T&E
• Order office supplies and schedule messengers
• Reserve screening room for group screening
• Prep and test files for screenings
• Assist the VP, Head of Post as needed
• Acquire a working knowledge of EPIX delivery requirements and technical specifications as well as knowledge in EPIX Scripted and Unscripted shows, past & present and their respective inventories
• Manage the post distro grid for the sharing of cuts with internal and external stakeholders
• Maintain an internal status report tracking episode delivery dates
• Oversee internal distribution of post schedules, S&P reports, metadata, credits and other post paperwork
• Process requests from EPIX Creative Services, Business Affairs, Finance, Marketing, Publicity & Operations
• Track and review assets as they are received from the shows
• Assure that all assets are archived properly, inventoried and remain accessible for all future needs
• Liaise with our off-site storage facility regarding the in/out traffic of show assets
• Coordinate the creation and distribution of screener files, DCPs, blu-rays & DVDs for external screenings
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Must have a minimum 1-3 years of post production related experience, preferably coordinating on a Scripted or Unscripted TV show(s) or at a post production facility
• Bachelor's degree with at least 1 year of professional experience
• Knowledge of current post production workflows and the wide array of media asset types
• Highly motivated and eager to keep up with new trends in the industry (video formats & codecs, new media innovations, hardware & software technologies, etc.)
• Experience with digital delivery protocols, QC and rejection resolution
• Knowledge of TV standards and practices, Domestic & International Broadcast Standards and Content Security protocols
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Knowledge of Avid workflows, Filemaker Pro (Pilotware), transcoding & compression codecs, MediaSilo, QuickTime Pro (preferred)
• Strong organization, communication (verbal and written), and computer skills a must
• Superior attention to detail and must be very patient
• Strong aptitude for troubleshooting, time management and problem solving; must be self-driven, detail-oriented; having the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, to make consistent strides towards accomplishing departmental goals
• Candidates must be professional in dealing with senior, high level executives
• Valid driver's license and automobile
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; Perpetual Grace, LTD, starring Sir Ben Kingsley; Get Shorty, featuring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano; spy thriller Deep State; and docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; and PUNK from John Varvatos and Iggy Pop; as well as upcoming premieres of new series Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes; docuseries Slow Burn, based on the hit podcast, and Laurel Canyon. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.