Coordinator, Multi-Platform Operations
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM Company is seeking a Coordinator, Multi-Platform Operations who will assist in the daily efforts to maintain both linear origination and VOD Distribution of EPIX and ScreenPix content. This includes the collection, processing and archiving of all meta data, the implementation of well-constructed daily programming logs for EPIX and ScreenPix linear channels, and also other Network Operations team initiatives as needed. The position will adhere to the contractual, promotional and marketing priorities of the networks with a focus on both long-term and short-term initiatives.
• Create compelling program breaks by strategically scheduling promotional materials while adhering to network priorities and cross-departmental initiatives.
• Communicate with the Origination Partners to address and resolve any operational issues related to Program Logs that arise, including any customized program formatting for special events.
• Communicate daily with the Creative Services department to determine the availability of promotional materials.
• Analyze linear break structure and VOD categories of competitors to make recommendations as to alternate ways to promote content to maximize audience retention.
• Coordinate with IT group on upgrades and performance issues with IBMS, Meta and other software solutions.
• Analyze as-run logs for comparison and tracking against scheduled program logs.
• Assist in the monthly review of all VOD distributed content across all multi-platform partners to ensure publication and meta data accuracy.
• Participate in various Network multi-platform operations initiatives and projects as needed.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• 2 years of experience in programming/network operations preferred
• Strong attention to detail a must
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge and enthusiasm for the entertainment industry and pop culture
• Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and manage time well
• Must be able to communicate and interact well with a diverse group of people across many departments
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred; Perpetual Grace, LTD, starring Sir Ben Kingsley; Get Shorty, featuring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano; spy thriller Deep State; and docuseries NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; and PUNK from John Varvatos and Iggy Pop; as well as upcoming premieres of new series Belgravia, from Julian Fellowes; docuseries Slow Burn, based on the hit podcast, and Laurel Canyon.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.