Coordinator, Licensed Media
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is seeking an experienced Coordinator, Licensed Media to manage its non-advertising clips and stills business reporting directly to the Director, Licensed Media & Advertising.
MGM Licensed Media & Advertising resides within the Global Consumer Products group at MGM Studios and licenses MGM's iconic film and television IP including clips, stills, characters, and more for use within film/tv productions, global advertising campaigns, events and publications, and new media content.
The Coordinator, Licensed Media & Advertising will work closely with the Director, Licensed Media & Advertising to manage the day-to-day high volume of clips, stills and other IP related requests. The position will also support the Director in both the global advertising and new media business as needed.
• Manage non-advertising Licensed Media inquiries/submissions/negotiations and support the Director as requested on Licensed Advertising and New Media initiatives
• Process all required approvals for incoming requests, including internal review for content to determine it is in line with MGM brand guidelines and liaising with all 3rd party approval parties
• Work in conjunction with legal to perform research of the Company's rights on each requested title and usage
• Provide license fee quotes and negotiate terms
• Draft and redline all clip/still usage agreements (short form/quitclaim)
• Oversee the new Licensed Media and Advertising website including responding to inquiries, curating content and highlighting it's unique b2b tools to clients; address issues with website support team as needed
• Coordinate with A/R to generate invoices and vendor set up forms for licensees
• Provide a high level of customer service to all licensees and prospective clients, including education on copyright license processes and practices; assisting in title and image research and suggesting alternate options within catalog as needed
• Coordinate all assets to be created for clients through corresponding laboratories along with researching what materials are available
• Track and follow-up on all issued licenses for signature and payments
• Create and maintain all license files for completed/paid contracts
• Provide input and reports on license activity and volume as needed to internal stakeholders
• Create quarterly sales reports for finance and senior leadership outlining recent deals and trends
• Draft sales materials and decks for client outreach and new business opportunities
• Develop and maintain current database of contacts for key advertising and clearance agencies and manage outreach initiatives to communicate licensing opportunities associated with Company's licensed media business