Coordinator, Licensed Media and Advertising
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is seeking a Coordinator, Licensed Media and Advertising to coordinate its non-advertising clips and stills business reporting directly to the Director, Licensed Media & Advertising. MGM Licensed Media & Advertising resides within the MGM Global Consumer Products group at MGM Studios.
The Coordinator, Licensed Media & Advertising will work closely with the Director, Licensed Media & Advertising to coordinate the day-to-day high volume of clips & stills requests. The position will also support the Director in both the direct advertising follow up requests as well as servicing our network of international agents with advertising requests. The position will be responsible for managing the clips & stills / agent website initiatives across the MGM library.
• Manage non-advertising Licensed Media inquiries/submissions and support the Director as requested on Licensed Advertising initiatives
• Oversee third-party vendor (Rightsline) and facilitate all aspects of servicing including internal review/vetting of creative, researching legal rights, submitting and tracking agreements, and sourcing materials as needed
• Process all required approvals for incoming requests, including internal review for content to determine in line with MGM brand and liaising with all 3rd party approval parties
• Work in conjunction with legal to perform research of the Company's rights on each requested title
• Provide license fee quotes for usage in line with current market
• Draft and redline all clip/still usage agreements
• Coordinate with A/R to generate invoices and vendor set up forms for licensees
• Provide a high level of customer service to all licensees and prospective clients, including education on copyright license processes and practices; assisting in title and image research and suggesting alternate options within catalog as needed
• Coordinate all master materials to be created for clients through corresponding laboratories along with researching what materials are available
• Track and follow-up on all issued licenses for signature and payments
• Create and maintain all license files for completed/paid contracts
• Manage department workflow through licensing website, including coordinating with website vendor to handle errors and support requests on the site
• Provide input and reports on license activity and volume as needed to internal stakeholders
• Develop and maintain current database of contacts for key advertising and clearance agencies and manage outreach initiatives to communicate licensing opportunities associated with Company's licensed media business
• Bachelor's degree required
• 3-5 years related work experience within the entertainment industry, advertising, legal, and / or project management
• Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of personalities and styles
• Exceptionally strong client servicing skills and ability to follow-up on initiatives quickly and efficiently
• Fast paced work environment requires strong multitasking skills, excellent time management, and a high attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Knowledge of all standard computer programs including Outlook, Word, and Excel
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.