Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/6/2022 9:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs jobs in New York-NY
Search all Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs postings
Full Time Job
EPIX, an MGM company, is looking for a Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs who will provide administrative support to the Business & Legal Affairs Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for tracking, organization and retention of legal documents, rights management, calendar management, and executing special projects as needed.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating the rights management system for original series and films
• Oversee and manage internal third-party vendor agreement request processes
• Heavy contract tracking and follow-up, managing distributions, maintaining files, and sending correspondence as requested
• Read, analyze and interpret legal documents for purposes of rights management, including: original programming (scripted and unscripted) license agreements, film acquisition agreements, and talent agreements for series developed/produced in-house
• Create and update various spreadsheets, status reports, and electronic databases
• Maintain a highly organized, efficient and logical document system for working and archival purposes
• Organize meetings, manage travel arrangements, and prepare expenditure reports as needed
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Undergraduate degree and at least 2 years of experience as an assistant or paralegal, preferably in the entertainment industry/television production
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Word and Excel; experience with document management software (such as RightsLine) preferred
• Highly flexible and motivated, with an ability to work independently as well as in a team setting, maintaining superior judgment, discretion and confidentiality at all times
• Experience managing a highly changeable calendar with extreme tact and diplomacy is essential
• Well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, managing competing demands and focus on key priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents with strong knowledge of legal word processing procedures
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills across all levels of internal personnel and with external clients, responding appropriately to sensitive inquiries
• Problem solver -- able to plan, take initiative, propose solutions and overcome obstacles
• Team player -- works effectively with others with strong follow-through with a professional and positive attitude
As our offices are currently open, MGM prioritizes the health and well-being of employees and vaccines are the best tool currently available to help control this global pandemic and protect our employees. Therefore, for everyone's safety, as a condition of employment all employees will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to the availability of reasonable accommodation when required by law).
EPIX®, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises -- all available on TV, on-demand, online and across devices. EPIX® has tripled the amount of original programming on the network and has become a destination for original premium content with series including - Godfather of Harlem, - starring and executive produced by Forest Whitaker; Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred and drama? Chapelwaite, - based on the short story?Jerusalem's Lot? by Stephen King and starring Academy Award winner Adrien Brody; as well as upcoming premieres of western adventure series Billy the Kid; Sci-Fi horror series From produced by Midnight Radio and AGBO; season two of dramedy Bridge and Tunnel - written and directed by Ed Burns; season two of acclaimed spy thriller Condor, season three of epic fantasy drama series? Britannia; and docuseries Fiasco, based on the podcast of the same name. Other originals include Emmy®-nominated music docuseries - Laurel Canyon; docuseries Fall River, from Blumhouse Television; season two of? War of the Worlds, from Howard Overman and starring Gabriel Byrne and Daisy Edgar-Jones; sweeping historical drama Domina; docuseries? NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen; - Belgravia, - from Julian Fellowes, Gareth Neame and the creative team from? Downton Abbey; docuseries Helter Skelter: An American Myth,? executive produced and directed by Lesley Chilcott; By Whatever Means Necessary: The Times of Godfather of Harlem; and Enslaved?featuring Hollywood icon and human rights activist Samuel L. Jackson. Launched in October 2009, EPIX® is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms as well as through its EPIX NOW app, providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
For more information about EPIX, go to?www.EPIX.com. Follow EPIX on Twitter @EpixHd (http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD) and on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EPIX), YouTube (http://youtube.com/EPIX), Instagram (http://instagram.com/EPIX) and Snapchat @EPIXTV.