Finance Clerk, Participations
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Culver City, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Finance Clerk in the participations department's library title reporting team. This dynamic team is the principal liaison to the company's accounts payable function with respect to MGM's participations statements for titles that have been in active distribution more than three years and also is responsible for managing the prioritization and preparation of participation statements. The Clerk will use the company's SAP general ledger program with proprietary systems on a daily basis and must meet basic proficiency requirements in a variety of Excel functions.
• Reviewing draft participation statements for accuracy
• Prioritizing monthly statements by due dates and payable vs. non payable
• Creating adjustments, interest schedules, and other manual calculations involved in participation reporting
• Reconciling payment activity against the company's general ledger and researching discrepancies
• Validating the accuracy of statement mailing packages, tax withholding calculations, and payment requisitions
• Supporting the maintenance of databases and systems involved in library reporting
• Documenting and validating address changes in various systems
• Following up with inquiries and information requests as needed
• B.S. or B.A. preferred
• 5 years prior experience in a participations or accounts payable department
• Excellent listening skills and attention to detail
• Familiarity with Excel or computer programming experience
• Strong analytical, communications, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multi-task and take initiative with a commitment to following through on projects
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.