Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Culver City, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking an Audit Analyst to assist in the preparation for and servicing of audits of the Company's books and records by third party participants, guilds and others. The ideal candidate will provide operational support for the department's monthly financial close and analytical support for the reporting and residuals teams.
• Assist in running participations, residuals, and production audits
• Liaise with in-house production staff and outside payroll service providers
• Analyze accountings and agreements
• Reconcile accountings against source systems
• Gather documents and other information relevant to the ongoing audits
• Analyze and quantify audit and non-audit claims
• Coordinate directly with visiting outside auditors to document and address open questions and requests
• Support the participations' department's monthly financial close
• Assist in the preparation of materials for and participate in monthly close diligence and review
• Provide research and analytical support for reporting and residuals teams
• Provide substantive training of staff for SAP and reconciliation procedures while assisting in the creation and validation of staff reference materials
• B.A./B.S. with a major or minor in Accounting, Business or Finance preferred
• 1 years of work experience is preferred
• Familiarity with Excel or computer programming experience
• Strong analytical, communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to take initiative, multitask, and commit to project follow-through
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.