Attorney, Business and Legal Affairs-Scripted TV
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking an experienced attorney to join the Business and Legal Affairs team overseeing the development and production of MGM's scripted television and digital programming and initiatives.
• Draft and negotiate a variety of development and production agreements, including rights acquisition agreements, writer, producer, director and actor agreements, and finance and license agreements.
• Handle production legal issues on various television and digital programs, including drafting and negotiating production personnel deals, working with creative and production teams to achieve maximum results, and understanding union/guild/insurance matters.
• Review, summarize and advise others on chain of title issues in connection with potential development properties.
• Provide general legal advice in connection with the development and production of various MGM projects.
• 4 years' experience at a law firm and/or major media entertainment company with substantial experience in television and digital transactional matters. Prior experience within a legal affairs department at a major studio focusing on television and digital programming is a plus.
• Extensive and in-depth knowledge of documenting and negotiating entertainment transactions with an ability to operate independently with minimal supervision.
• Detail oriented and superior negotiation, drafting, organizational and time management skills.
• Cooperative, positive, team-oriented approach.
• Ability to develop highly effective and productive working relationships with company executives and production personnel.
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and succinct manner both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to evaluate issues and propose/implement solutions.
• JD degree from top tier law school.
• Admission to the California State Bar.
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.