Assistant, TV and Film Communications
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/22/2021 9:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Assistant, TV and Film Communications jobs in Beverly Hills-CA
Search all Assistant, TV and Film Communications postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant, TV and Film Communications?
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a highly motivated and proactive Assistant to support the Vice President, TV Communications and Vice President, Film Communications.
• Managing and maintaining of executives calendars, assisting in meeting scheduling and preparation, scheduling conference calls, and booking / creating detailed itineraries for executives travel
• Processing all business-related expenses using the Concur/SAP program in a timely manner
• Drafting and editing talking points, press releases, media alerts, intra-company communications, and other materials
• Generating schedules for executives for premieres, speaking engagements, and events (charity, awards, panels)
• Fielding heavy volume of daily phone calls and fielding requests for information and routing to appropriate departments/executives
• Filing and retrieving corporate documents, records, and reports
• Assisting in processing of departmental invoices
• Maintaining and updating executive contacts as well as team and film/TV related distribution lists
• Updating reports, excel documents, charts and capturing meeting minutes/notes
• Providing support at special events including press days/junkets, premieres, screenings with onsite logistics including check-in, talent wrangling, etc, as assigned
• Tracking media coverage including daily breaks and breaking news stories
• Assisting with all initiatives surrounding corporate events, corporate philanthropy, and corporate ads
• Coordinating and booking filmmaker and talent travel needs; create talent schedules
• Creating and maintaining contact sheets of talent reps for films and tv projects
• Creating press lists as needed
• Performing ad hoc assignments and projects as assigned, including research
• 1-2 years of work-related experience; publicity/ agency/studio/network experience desired
• Maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all incoming forms of communications and documents
• Ability to quickly adapt when priorities shift
• Must be a team player who is able to interface with all staff levels of the company while maintaining professionalism and discretion
• Candidate must be a motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Must possess exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills as well as social media and tech savviness
• Strong understanding and interest of the media/entertainment industry, specifically public relations
• Extremely organized and detail oriented with a strong ability to manage multiple high priority projects and appropriately prioritize work
• Ability to work overtime when necessary
• Bachelor's degree in related field required
• Candidate must reside in the Los Angeles area
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.