Assistant, Intellectual Property
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking an Assistant, Intellectual Property who is familiar with trademark and copyright matters. The successful candidate must have experience handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and be able to work well within an administrative team in an environment of constantly changing priorities.
- Field telephone calls on a daily basis
- Schedule meetings and travel; maintain calendars
- Word processing, data entry, filing, copying/scanning documents, processing invoices, and other general administrative duties
- Draft correspondence and internal memoranda
- Coordinate legalization of documents
- Create and maintain files
- Docketing responsibilities
- Assist paralegals with responses to discovery, subpoenas, and other legal process, including document searches, review, and productions
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior Studio or Law Firm experience and/or interest in law or the legal profession
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with enterprise software and databases
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Detail oriented; ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
-Demonstrated ability to work independently
-Experience with ANAQUA docketing and document management system preferred
- Notary preferred
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.