Asset Management VOD Coordinator
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
The primary responsibility of the Asset Management VOD Coordinator is to coordinate the ordering and delivery of programming content to the Broadcast Operations team for distribution to EPIX multi-platform affiliates, both linear and digital, including MVPD's and SVOD services.
• Coordinate timely delivery of EPIX video assets and related materials for preparation and distribution including, but not limited to closed captioning, Spanish language version creation, quality control and file package prep
• Perform title and data entry into IBMS scheduling system, including metadata, technical attributes and unique identifiers
• Monitor all new content deliveries from studios and distributers for encoding and trouble shooting
• Assist with the inventory and rights management team to ensure delivery to all partners in a timely and accurate basis
• Work with internal stakeholders such as Original Programming, Creative Services and the Scheduling departments
• Review and modify EPIX delivery specifications as needed
• Manage EPIX anti-piracy efforts including digital fingerprinting of content
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor's Degree, Media Studies preferred; minimum 1-2 years' broadcast operations experience required
• Spanish speaking and writing skills strongly preferred
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Working knowledge of film and television formats, film deliverables, and ordering processes
• Proven multi-tasker and troubleshooter able to shift priorities with ease
• Self-starter and driven to help the organization grow and succeed
• Ability to work autonomously in high pressure, fast-paced environment
• Highly detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and capability to cultivate relationships with programming contacts
• Familiarity of scheduling systems (e.g. Gabriel, Sintec/IBMS, WHAT'SOn, WideOrbit, etc.)
• Experience with multiplatform/VOD materials delivery
• Familiarity with television rights management software and database systems
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.