Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is seeking a creative Art Director to manage its various creative material needs across multiple lines of business. This newly created position resides within the MGM Global Consumer Products and Experiences group at MGM Studios.
The experienced Art Director will lead the artistic direction for the group. The ideal candidate will bring a mix of artistic, marketing, and business expertise to the position with specific experience in consumer products and location-based entertainment space. The ideal candidate will inspire and be inspired by others to take our creative efforts to the next level. In addition, the Art Director will have a natural eye for design and a passion for delivering dynamic ideas that connect our portfolio of properties with their audience.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, Product Development, this position will work closely across the Global Consumer Products and Experiences team to help execute and/or direct creative direction, pitch decks, style guides, product mock ups, and marketing materials across our licensing business. The position will support cross lines of business including consumer products, interactive games, location-based entertainment, and clip media advertising.
• Partner in the execution of conceptual strategies by directing the creation of style guides, integration of logo/branded elements, and product concepts across our properties
• Collaborate across the lines of business creating marketing materials while aligning team priorities with business objectives to deliver high-quality work on time and within a budget
• Develop presentation approaches, styles, and techniques for the team to implement
• Conceptualize property vision, harnessing original graphics, copy, pitch materials and other trade and retail marketing materials
• Develop creative briefs based on the respective property DNA, ideas, brainstorming sessions with direction, schedules, and expected deliverables for the materials needed
• Work with 3rd parties to obtain intellectual property assets to create style guides and/or asset packs for Consumer Products, Publishing, Interactive, and LBE
• A self-starter that can create materials, product, and retail mockups on their own
• Lead and direct 3rd party agencies in development of style guides, supplements, product mockups, retail marketing and trade show materials for bigger initiatives
• Present or oversee presentation of final concepts and coordinate production and dissemination for cross-organizational use
• Work closely with the Location Based Entertainment LOB to translate brand promise into compelling experiences that meet MGM's expectations and drive revenue
• Bachelor's degree in fine art, graphic design, or a similar discipline
• 8 years as a professional graphic designer
• Proficiency with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite
• Exceptional capability with typography, layout, and prototyping
• Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
• Experience in the studio entertainment, consumer products and /or licensing business
• Knowledge of photography and video production editing
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.