Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/18/2021 12:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Analyst, Accounting jobs in Beverly Hills-CA
Search all Analyst, Accounting postings
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., ("MGM") is looking for an Accounting Analyst to join the Television Accounting team. The Television Accounting team oversees the accounting and reporting functions relating to the development, production, acquisition, licensing, and distribution of television content. Focusing primarily on MGM-produced television content, the Accounting Analyst will support accounting functions relating to our scripted and unscripted series.
• Prepare journal entries and related supporting documentation as part of the monthly financial close process
• Reconcile and investigate account variances in the general ledger, including production obligations, revenue, and deferred income
• Assist in preparing quarterly financial statements for MGM Unscripted subsidiaries
• Liaise with MGM's foreign subsidiaries and other studio contacts to obtain monthly reporting schedules
• Collaborate with cross-functional business partners including Finance, Sales, Tax, and Participations to maintain flow of communication and support
• Prepare deliverables for annual financial statement audit
• Analyze current procedures to recommend, develop, and drive process improvements to achieve efficiency and scalability
• Contribute to exciting ad hoc projects
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related area
• 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience
• Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, detail-oriented, curious, enthusiastic, and adaptable
• Operate efficiently in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• Effective verbal and written communication
• Strong proficiency in Excel
• SAP experience a plus
• CPA or CPA candidate a plus
• Prior public accounting experience in the entertainment industry a plus
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.