Administrative Assistant - Scripted TV Legal & Business Affairs
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide day-to-day administrative support to the Scripted TV Legal & Business Affairs department. The successful candidate must have experience handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and be able to work well within an administrative team in an environment of constantly changing priorities.
• Prepare, review, and redline legal documents
• Draft and type correspondence in a professional manner
• Word process, reproduce, and distribute documents while maintaining the utmost confidentiality
• Organize and maintain heavy filing system, databases, and reports using Word and Excel requiring a high level of detail and organization
• Heavy phones and scheduling -- facilitate appointments, maintain calendars, and contacts
• Make travel arrangements and process expense reimbursements
• Handle incoming / outgoing mail
• Order supplies and process invoices
• Request, track, and create payments for distribution
• Interface with talent representatives, outside counsel, and various internal departments
• Additional duties including research and administrative projects, as assigned
• BA/BS degree required
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite -- must be extremely knowledgeable with Outlook email / calendar / contacts in addition to Word and Excel
• Minimum 2 years' experience supporting Business & Legal Affairs attorneys in a studio, network, or entertainment law firm environment
• Production legal exposure a plus
• Ability to understand and abstract various agreements and disseminate information accordingly
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
• Ability to take initiative and be proactive in all matters
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.