Administrative Assistant, Legal Affairs
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Administrative Assistant, Unscripted & Alternative TV Business and Legal Affairs
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide day-to-day administrative support to the Unscripted & Alternative Television Business and Legal Affairs department. The successful candidate must have experience handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and be able to work well within an administrative team in an environment of constantly changing priorities.
• Support multiple team members of the Unscripted & Alternative Television Business and Legal Affairs department
• Draft and edit business correspondence and emails
• Handle daily administrative tasks including answering phones, relaying messages and rolling calls for team members, updating call logs, scheduling meetings, maintaining legal files and tracking spreadsheets, ordering office supplies, etc.
• Format and proofread contracts
• Maintain and manage calendars, emails, and contacts
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and facilitate the team members' meeting deadlines, as well as the assistant's own deadlines
• Prepare and coordinate the execution of documents (e.g., PandaDoc/DocuSign, scanning, photocopying) and manage the distribution of documents internally and externally
• Prepare and submit expense reports via Concur
• Various ad hoc projects, as needed
• BA/BS degree required
• Minimum of 2 years as an administrative assistant in a studio or production company; business and legal affairs department experience a plus
• Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Box, PDF file conversion, database programs)
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through skills are of the highest importance
• Ability to multitask, prioritize projects / requests, and problem solve
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information in a discrete manner
• Self-starter with a driven, motivated work ethic
• Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented, ability to take initiative, think creatively, and work independently
• Must demonstrate diplomacy, tact, and discretion when working with colleagues, guests, and responding to requests
• Must be able to perform administrative and project tasks in a fast-paced organization under minimal supervision
• Interest in the business and legal affairs area of entertainment industry desired
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.