Administrative Assistant, Distribution
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
The Assistant to the Distribution department is integral to many aspects of the operations and strategy of MGM's theatrical and home video releases. The assistant is a primary contact for international distributors and works cross-functionally with MGM marketing, post-production, legal, TV group, and technical services departments.
• Handle daily administrative tasks including scheduling, filing, detailing messages, and ordering office supplies
• Manage travel arrangements and trip oversight (travel, hotel reservations, ground transportation, meeting coordination) and all related expense management / processing via Concur
• Point of contact for communication between international distributors, labs, and studio partners regarding theatrical and home video distribution operations
• Compile and analyze international theatrical and home video P&A budgets
• Compile international box office reporting for MGM theatrical territories, which includes assisting in daily reporting to MGM senior management and studio partners
• Coordinate international theatrical materials workflow and deadlines
• Manage international pre-release screenings operations
• Track and confirm worldwide theatrical and home video release dates for internal database
• Perform ad-hoc quantitative analyses as needed to assist with revenue forecasting and strategic release planning
• BA/BS degree in Business or Finance preferred
• 1 year of work or internship experience, preferably in film or entertainment
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once with moving deadlines
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Comfort interacting with all levels of the Company
• Knowledge of film distribution business and international markets preferred
• Proficiency in Excel
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.