Administrative Assistant, Business and Legal Affairs
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide day-to-day administrative support to the Executive Vice President and Senior Vice President of Theatrical Business and Legal Affairs. The successful candidate must have experience handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and be able to work well within an administrative team in an environment of constantly changing priorities.
• Maintain and manage calendars, email and contacts
• Create, format, redline and revise correspondence and other written materials such as agreements, letters, memos and other legal documents
• Prepare and submit expense reports via Concur
• Handle daily administrative tasks including: answering phones and relaying messages, updating call logs, scheduling meetings, photocopying, scanning, ordering office supplies, etc.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
• Adhere to sensitive timelines, deadlines and confidential materials
• Submit and code invoices into Basware
• Work closely with accounting to prepare/process payments
• Various ad hoc projects as needed
• BA/BS degree required
• Law school degree preferred
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite -- must be extremely knowledgeable with Outlook email/calendar/contacts in addition to Word and Excel
• Minimum 2 years' experience supporting Business & Legal Affairs attorneys in a studio, network, or entertainment law firm environment is preferred
• Production legal exposure a plus
• Ability to understand and abstract various agreements and disseminate information accordingly
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Ability to take initiative and be proactive in all matters
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.