Administrative Assistant, Accounting and Financial Planning
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
The Administrative Assistant, Accounting and Financial Planning position is an entry-level role within the Corporate Accounting team. This position works directly with the Chief Accounting Officer, as well as other senior management, on various accounting and financial projects and is an integral part of the Corporate Accounting team. An ideal candidate would have a fundamental knowledge of accounting and a desire for upward mobility in their Accounting and/or Finance career.
• Prepare journal entries and related supporting documentation as part of the monthly financial close process
• Prepare general ledger and bank account reconciliations
• Liaise with various departments to obtain support and prepare ad hoc analyses, as needed
• Prepare schedules to assist in the annual financial statement audit
• Assist with SOX controls tracking and help compile support for internal and external audits
• Compile and prepare reporting materials for senior management
• Create various ad hoc reports as needed, including account reconciliations and variance analyses
• Coordinate executives' calls and meetings
• Perform administrative tasks for the department, including file organization and ordering supplies
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related area and/or training with at least 1-2 years of accounting experience
• Detailed understanding of accounting principles
• Strong proficiency in Windows and MS Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook required
• Confidentiality, diplomacy, reliability, and flexibility are requirements for success in this role
• Ability to work well individually with all levels of personnel, as well as part of a team
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while being able to appropriately prioritize work and remain organized and detail-oriented
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Prior public-accounting experience is a plus
• Experience in Entertainment industry accounting is a plus
• Experience with a general ledger system is a plus, preferably SAP
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.