Method StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Tracking Supervisor, the Tracking Artist is responsible for the tracking of moving objects and moving cameras, within a scene. Responsibilities include preparing and importing shots with the correct data, to ensure they are ready to be tracked, and recreating camera/object motion so that it can be published to the studio.
• Uses the tracking techniques, established by the facility, to prepare shots for production
• Imports the motion to appropriate application and, using established techniques, sets up the shot to be tracked.
• Tracks items moving and rotating on all axes for the duration of the shot
• Uses the required tracking software to re-create camera or object motion. Where auto-tracking will not work, the Tracking Artist will hand-track the camera track or object
• Manages notes from Supervisor and ensure they are applied
• Once tracking is complete, the tracked camera/object will go through the layout process, QC and published to the studio
• 5 year experience
• Experience in tracking software such as 3DEqualizer, PFTrack is essential
• Knowledge of Maya, Nuke, and Houdini is an asset
• Able to take directions and adaptable to change
• Good at improvising and problem-solving
• Linux experience preferred