Method StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
The role of the Technical Animator is designing, simulating and delivering elements in shots that involve cloth, hair or other specialist technology. Working under the direction of the CG Supervisor, the Technical Animator collaborates with other 3D Leads including Layout, Animation, Modeling, Rigging and any other appropriate discipline.
• Work with Model department to ensure geometry being simulated meets Technical Animation needs
• Work with Rigging and/or Layout department to ensure geometry or rigs delivered to Technical Animation meets needs
• Apply and simulate clothing, hair or other areas requiring technical animation.
• Analyze and fix any initial problems found and resimulate as needed.
• Deliver simulated geometry to the production pipeline for further processing.
• Ensure that geometry delivered to production pipeline meets each department's needs
• Develop techniques to ensure the requested animated geometry will integrate into a photorealistic environment.
• Respond quickly to notes from the VFX/DFX or CG Supervisor(s) before or during dailies to ensure best possible quality is maintained.
• Optimize simulations to ensure best throughput including automating pinning of geometry etc.
• Other duties as appropriate to the role and determined by supervisors.
• 5 years experience