Senior Rigging Artist
Method StudiosLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Method Studios is currently in search of a Senior Rigger to join its 3D team of rigging artists.
• Creating and developing fast elegant character rigs using Maya and proprietary tools.
• Working with modeling and animation departments to facilitate articulate realistic appealing characters.
• Integration of characters and rigs into the production pipeline
• Creating User Interfaces and tools to assist animators.
• Working in partnership with R&D programmers, Animators, and Lighting TDs to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard.
• Providing support to character rigs throughout production.
• Developing long-term strategies to automate character production.
• Minimum 5 years work experience in feature film/broadcast VFX production
• Solid knowledge of rigging systems
• Comprehensive knowledge of Maya
• Provide reel demonstrating both control systems and complex deformations
• Solid time and project management skills
• Accessibility and willingness to collaborate is a must.
• Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to character rigging and animation comprehension of core principles relating to rigging
• Excellent understanding of anatomy, structure, dynamics and character motion
• Good understanding of the entire visual effects process, from shooting to modeling to texturing, animation and rendering
• MEL and Python programming essential
• Maya API C programming also a plus