QC Technician - Post Division
Method StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
QC Technician - Deluxe in The Encore Post Division
An exciting opportunity awaits technically motivated individuals. If you love the media and entertainment industry and are looking for a challenging and rewarding position in a fast-paced, leading edge studio, then read on….
The QC Technician works in the technical and workflow environment of a post production facility in a complex 24/7 environment. Organized, technically sound and credible, the QC Technician is flexible, responsive, and a team-oriented individual who is hands-on, a good problem solver, and exhibits a proactive and transparent style.
The QC Technician demonstrates an ability to work within a highly collaborative environment, and has excellent skills in building relationships, communicating effectively, and serving the needs of others.
Working in a fast-paced and busy Post Production facility, the QC Technician is responsible for stringent quality control evaluation of media assets.
• Monitor distribution masters, internal file and Digital Cinema masters for technical audio/video impairments
• Produce QC evaluation reports for clients listing packaging details, levels and impairments for the above materials
• Perform general monitoring and create QA reports for file and tape
• Rate impairments accurately, according to severity, based upon the criteria adopted by the department
• Be consistent with descriptions and ratings, adhering to the guidelines followed by the department
• Check masters for fixes, re-evaluate the impairment accurately and produce an updated report
• Operate all formats and standards of VTR machines, software and related equipment
• Be comfortable with the technology, systems and procedures used by the department
• Ensure technical accuracy and quality of all work
• Liaise with Project Managers to ensure optimum productivity of equipment room resources
• Other duties as assigned
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Familiar with operation of SD & HD videotape equipment
• Ability to understand different tape formats, professional file formats and television standards
• Ability to understand video, film, file and audio terminology and apply it to evaluations
• Able to discern small details within picture and audio
• Ability to remain focused for extended periods of time on detail-oriented tasks
• Understanding of audio and video signal levels and routing.
• Must have excellent computer skills.
• Must be very detail oriented.
• Must have good communication skills both oral and written.
• Aware of industry issues and trends
• Must be able to work various shifts and occasional weekends.
• This position is eligible for overtime.
This is a term position requiring rotating shift work. Overtime, weekend work, and overnight/graveyard shifts may be required.
About Deluxe Vancouver, Encore Post Division
Situated in beautiful Vancouver, Encore offers file-based post production services, including HDR mastering, 4K/8K workflows and in-facility and near-set dailies, along with high calibre visual effects. As the jewel in the Deluxe crown, we work closely with our studio partners to ensure a top-level experience across locations. Encore specializes in delivering customized, quality services for episodic and long form television, feature films, and commercials. Armed with a powerful technical infrastructure and production-proven expertise, our talented creative teams deliver top tier colour, editing, dailies and VFX for deadline-driven projects, while remaining agile enough to anticipate and respond to the evolving needs of our studio partners. An entertainment industry leader since 1985, we've deftly navigated major technology transitions within post production to emerge as a pioneer in file-based workflows, high resolution pipeline development, and HDR. Encore is part of the Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc.