Pipeline Software Project Manager
Method StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Method Studios is currently in search of a Project Manager to join its team of engineers and developers.
The successful candidate will work with the development technical leads to capture and document project requirements, produce development plans, manage the developers on a daily basis, track progress against plans and generate status and progress reports for senior management and internal clients.
You will need to have an excellent understanding of the process of software development and the tools and techniques involved. You will have worked in a commercial software development environment with teams using highly iterative, agile development processes.
Knowledge and experience of the VFX world is not required; we have plenty of that. We are interested in your skills managing software development projects in dynamic environments.
The development teams are responsible for a number of areas including:
• facility and infrastructure tools
• feature and commercial project management tools
• review systems
• Data IO; render and data management tools
• pipeline tools
• manage the software development and release process within the facility
• work with production and show supervisors to understand the technical needs of current and upcoming shows
• in collaboration with your leads, develop plans to ensure the shows have the tools and coverage they need;
• prioritize requests and schedule developers;
• communicate status and progress on a weekly basis to senior management, production management and show supervisors
• minimum 3 years experience managing software development projects for a commercial product using modern, customer-focused, and iterative development techniques
• experience managing across the full spectrum of the development cycle from requirements gathering to QA and release
• detailed knowledge of the software lifecycle
• formal training in project management techniques an advantage
• succinct written and verbal communication
• adaptable and flexible; able to adjust and reprioritize in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• ability to balance many conflicting requirements under pressure; see the way through the trees and communicate that path to your clients
• strong attention to detail
• a clear head under pressure