Pipeline Lead Application Developer - Animation
Method StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Method pipeline leads help shape the evolution of our technologies and workflows to enable productions to work more quickly and efficiently. The Application Pipeline Lead has purview over everything within the Apps realm. This includes broadly:
• Artist and Production-facing software and public APIs
• Asset authoring and publishing tools, importers and exporters
• Workflow automation and pipeline integration
• Meet with technology department leadership to identify issues and discuss priorities.
• Run regular ''stand-up'' meetings with developers for active development projects to confirm expected progress and identify issues.
• Architect, design, and plan software development.
• Guide other developers in building and implementing complex projects.
• Get involved in code reviews and process pull requests.
• Provide point-of-contact from show pipeline support about Application pipeline.
• Meet one-on-one with each Application developer on a regular basis to provide and receive feedback.
• Work with developers to setup demos and communicate updates, new tools, and bugs to all of production.
• Occasionally travel to other Method sites to meet with developers and users.
• Computer Science degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 5 years of Python, C , or other development experience.
• Experience with Front-End and GUI development, e.g. PyQT, PySide, React, Angular.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with Web services, e.g. Flask, Rest API design, RabbitMQ or similar.
• Warm, welcoming personality, strong communication and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of Linux systems configuration and experience developing on Linux platforms.
• Familiarity with revision control systems and collaborative development, e.g. Gitflow.
• Experience with automated infrastructure deployment tools, such as Ansible, Consul, Jenkins or similar.
• Experience with one or more database systems such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
• Familiarity with distributed computing environments, e.g. cloud computing, renderfarms.
• Experience leading development teams.