Sr. Manager, Payroll and Accounting
Memphis GrizzliesMemphis, TN
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager of Payroll and Accounting will oversee the day-to-day payroll and applicable accounting operations and provides financial support to a number of departments and staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee payroll operations including financial management of player contracts; state tax calculations and filings, recovery of personal expenses, sales commissions, benefits tracking and proper recording of payroll;
• Manage insurance processing requirements and reporting;
• Manage accounting and reporting for Memphis Grizzlies Charitable Foundation including preparation of journal entries, and financial statements and oversight of audits and tax filings
• Manages 401K audit, reporting, and tax filing;
• Assist in managing debt compliance and reporting;
• Reconciles balance sheet and income statement accounts as required;
• Provides financial support to departments as required;
• Prepares applicable year-end financial statements and footnotes
• Manages payroll software;
• Assist with financial and tax audits;
• Ensures adherence to GAAP, appropriate internal controls are in place and policies and procedures are being met;
• Hires, coaches, mentors and supervises staff;
• Assists in the preparation of the annual budget;
• Check signing authority;
• Oversees annual W-2 reporting processes;
• Other duties as assigned
, Experience & Abilities
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or bachelor's degree in related discipline combined with experience in an accounting/finance environment;
• Five years of experience at a professional accounting level;
• Three years of experience supervising and leading upper and middle level accounting staff;
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively and collaboratively with non-financial colleagues;
• Possess a mind-set to utilize technology to increase efficiencies;
• Willingness to work overtime as needed to meet deadlines;
• Extensive computer knowledge, including ADP, MS Word, Excel, Outlook and accounting applications;
• Ability to prioritize and handle conflicting deadlines;
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills;
• Professional accounting designation;
• Working knowledge of professional sports from a financial perspective;
• Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Why are you interested in this opportunity?
• What is your highest level of education completed?
• How many years of relevant experience do you possess?
• What are your salary requirements?