Production Executive Assistant To Evp, SVP & VP Of Production Mrc
Media Rights CapitalLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Production Executive Assistant to EVP, SVP & VP of Production – MRC (TV)
Who we are:
Media Rights Capital (MRC) is a leading television and film studio specializing in the creation of content in partnership with the industry's foremost creative talent. MRC has developed, produced, and financed television series for premier TV networks including HBO, Starz, Netflix, AMC, ABC, Lifetime, and Comedy Central, as well as film projects for leading distributors including Sony, Warner Brothers, Universal, Paramount, and Fox. MRC has been nominated for numerous Golden Globe Awards, Academy Awards, Emmy Awards and Grammy Awards with over $4.8 billion in worldwide box office sales.
Media Rights Capital (MRC) is seeking an ambitious and hardworking Production Executive Assistant to work in our TV Physical Production Department supporting the EVP, Head of TV Production, SVP, TV Post Production, and VP, TV Production. This is a demanding position at a fast-paced film and television studio.
The Production Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the EVP, Head of TV Production, SVP, TV Post Production, and VP, TV Production and must have knowledge of MRC productions. In addition, the Production Assistant will work closely with the Studio Production Coordinator in facilitating the workflow between production(s) and MRC. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations. This individual has strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organization skills, and the ability to maintain a seamless workflow while balancing multiple priorities.
What You'll Do:
• Anticipates the needs of the EVP, Head of TV Production, SVP, TV Post Production and VP, TV Production and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish tasks
• General administrative duties including answering phones, rolling calls, scheduling meetings, processing mail, filing production-related documents, arranging conference calls, reconciling receipts and related expense reports
• Maintain MRC Staff & Crew List and Distribution Grid for use by our productions
• Arrange executive's travel and assist with interim production cast & crew travel as required
• Works with the Studio Production Coordinator to track, organize and overseeing production reporting and compliance with regard to studio policies and procedures
• Coordinates the daily priorities of the executives and pro-actively tackles issues when necessary
• Liaison between all production facing departments and communicates time-sensitive data
• Manages key aspects of the production atmosphere, maintaining a positive work environment under pressure
• Conducts research on specialized projects
• Demonstrates the ability to define, lead, and own project work
• Pro-actively volunteers and supports other executive staff as necessary
• Learns and understands the workings of the company on a broad level to assist the executives in all related activities.
• The Production Assistant will interact with all personnel internally, and with external agents, producers, writers, directors, and talent on our studio productions.
Your Experience & Skills:
• Must have minimum 1-2 year's experience working as an assistant to a studio or production executive in addition to working on at least 1 production. Experience as a crew, specifically in a show production office is a plus.
• Must be cool-headed and calm under pressure
• Can effectively evaluate and communicate priorities, knowing at what level to involve the Production Executives and production staff
• Experience maintaining confidentiality on all sensitive matters and proven ability to exercise discretion and sound judgment to handle sensitive information with tact and professional integrity
• Must be able to perform work with a high level of accuracy, detail-oriented, ability to handle multiple priorities, and be a self-starter
• Demonstrated high-level technical problem solving and proficiency with software and systems (Calendars, Outlook, Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Scenechronize, PIX)