Senior Accountant & Analyst
Media ResLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior Accountant & Analyst will report to the Director of Finance and Operations. Specific responsibilities include:
• Preparing quarterly and annual financial reporting to executive management and the board of directors in accordance with GAAP
• Managing GAAP treatment and bookkeeping of incoming and outgoing MRS activity across multiple entities
• Managing third-party billing and intra-company bill-backs
• Working closely with outside tax team on annual tax filings
• Liaising with outside audit teams to perform company's corporate audits
• Preparing and maintaining various on-going revenue and expense reporting (e.g. development expenses, license fee funding) across all
of the company's projects
• Preparing participation statements to talent and other participants
• Participating in managing U.S. banking and international banking treasury function
• Supporting FP&A tasks in actualizing corporate financial model, overhead model and other tools used for FP&A projections
• Providing support with credit facility compliance (Monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting)
• Performing ad-hoc revenue and expense analyses
• Ensuring business compliance with state/federal/guild requirements with respect to corporate insurance, benefits, and PH&W
• Managing staff's T&E expenses and reimbursements
• Managing cost efficiency of general overhead expenses (e.g. equipment, telephones, internet, digital services)
• B.A./B.S. in Accounting or Finance
• 3+ years of relevant accounting experience
• CPA required
• Big 4 experience strongly preferred
• Entertainment/Media industry experience preferred
• Proficiency with MS Excel
The company is currently in work from home mode.
Media Res is prepared to offer a very attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary as well as health, 401(k), and vacation benefits. Media Res Studio is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age etc. Media Res Studio is extremely committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage all candidates who meet the basic requirements to apply.
Media Res Studio is a rapidly growing television studio and motion picture production company founded by Michael Ellenberg. Media Res sources, develops, produces and finances premium content for global markets in partnership with first-class creative artists and networks. The company's current slate includes Golden Globe and Emmy nominated, The Morning Show, starring Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, Steve Carrell, on Apple TV+; a television series, Pachinko, based on the Min Jin Lee's novel of the same name; and, Life Undercover, based on the memoirs of ex-undercover operative Amaryllis Fox (both projects are also produced for Apple TV+). The company recently announced a new limited series, Scenes from a Marriage, starring Michelle Williams and Oscar Isaac, for HBO and teased an upcoming, I'm a Virgo, with writer/director Boots Riley, starring Jharrel Jerome.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online