Assistant to the COO
Media Res StudioLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Assistant to the COO will report to the COO and will coordinate the COO's day seamlessly and effectively. The role will report to/support the COO in daily tasks including:
• Work closely with the COO to keep her well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Prepare the COO for meetings by providing preparatory information. Research, prioritize, and manage responses to incoming correspondence and requests.
• Manage and maintain calendars, assist in meeting and call scheduling across multiple time zones.
• Managing domestic and international travel arrangements (incl Film Festival preparations).
• Ensuring the office is clean, presentable and in good working order.
• Handling business and office-related research, projects, and errands.
• Attend/participate in meetings including taking notes when needed and documenting agenda items.
• Screen and route daily phone calls and facilitate dial-ins/video links and conference calls.
• Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the COO and internal teams; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with staff.
• Collaborate with employees for information, research, administrative materials, etc.
• Field requests for information/signatures and routing to appropriate departments/executives.
• Serve as key point of contact for Executive Assistants at related organizations and partner companies. Provide leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization.
• Maintain proper recordkeeping and filing system for all work and relevant agreements (incl. logins and passwords).
• Staying up to date across COO's primary departments which include BA, Production, Finance and Operations.
• Coordinating communication with internal and external stakeholders.
• Process expense reports.
• Develop presentation decks and other materials.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor's degree (Business / Management or related major is a plus) and a minimum of at least 1 year of previous admin experience (at a network, studio, production company, agency is a plus).
In addition, the candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
• Intelligence and curiosity; able to coordinate fast paced activities among senior executives while continuously learning.
• Strong ability to handle heavy scheduling across multiple departments and time zones, along with strong phone etiquette.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Box, Google Docs and Adobe Suite. Moderate proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
• Superior organizational skills.
• Self-starter; highly motivated and resourceful team-player able to manage multiple projects and conflicting priorities under deadline in a fast-paced environment and a hunger to learn the business
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and partners.
• Strong judgment; able to think and work independently, multi-task, prioritize, and follow through to effectively manage work flow.
• Familiarity with financial documents and previous exposure to the operational activities of an organization (IT, HR, Finance)
We require that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If you are applying for a position with the company, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. If you have a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates the vaccination or object to being vaccinated on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices, the company will engage in an interactive dialogue with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided that does not create undue hardship to the company and/or does not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online