Assistant, Business and Legal Affairs
Media Res StudioLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Assistant will provide day-to-day administrative support to the Business and Legal Affairs department. The successful candidate must have experience handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and be able to work well within an administrative team in an environment of constantly changing priorities.
• Maintain and manage calendars, email and contacts
• Create, format, redline and revise correspondence and other written materials such as agreements, letters, memos and other legal documents
• Distributes, files, and organizes internal and external agreements and correspondence
• Handle daily administrative tasks including answering phones and relaying messages, updating call logs, scheduling internal and external appointments and meetings, maintaining daily schedules and calendars, and handling e-mail distributions and incoming and outgoing mail, handling visitor requests, updating contact information, and orders supplies.
• Maintains tickler system for follow-up; updates entries of status of projects and deals in status reports.
• Composes and generates letters, term sheets, and internal deal memos (using a data-based online program)
• Liaises with internal departments and external entities as needed.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
• Adhere to sensitive timelines, deadlines and confidential materials
• Prepare and submit expense reports
• Submit and code invoices and work closely with accounting to prepare/process/track payments
• Various ad hoc projects as needed
• BA/BS degree required
• Law school degree is a plus
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite -- must be extremely knowledgeable with Outlook email/calendar/contacts in addition to Word and Excel
• Minimum 2 years' experience supporting Business & Legal Affairs attorneys in a studio, network, or entertainment law firm environment is preferred
• Production legal exposure a plus
• Ability to understand and abstract various agreements and disseminate information accordingly
• Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
In addition, the candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
• Excellent written, verbal, and telephone skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with staff, other administrators, internal and external executives, colleagues, and senior management, and talent representatives and their offices
• Organized and highly detail-oriented with the ability to manage time, prioritize work and demands, and anticipate needs
• Highly self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, collaborative, resourceful, and emotionally intelligent, with excellent common sense, judgment and ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion.
We require that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If you are applying for a position with the company, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. If you have a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates the vaccination or object to being vaccinated on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices, the company will engage in an interactive dialogue with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided that does not create undue hardship to the company and/or does not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online