Media Res StudioLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/7/2021 2:09:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Search for Accounting Assistant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Accounting Assistant postings
Full Time Job
The Accounting Assistant will assist with bookkeeping for all incoming and outgoing MRS activity across multiple entities, help manage A/P and A/R, and provide support with the day-to-day needs of the finance and accounting department.
The role will report to/support the Senior Accountant/Analyst and Director of Corporate Finance in daily tasks including:
• Coding invoices for processing; collecting and compiling backup.
• Preparing journal entries for deposits received.
• Preparing billbacks.
• Communicating with vendors resolving any invoice billing issues.
• Reviewing charges on Company's invoices and assisting in allocation of costs per project, if applicable.
• Coordinating with production teams on A/P relating to productions.
• Preparing cost summaries for projects in development, production, or other GL items.
• Reviewing staff's T&E expenses and reimbursements, assist with Amex report reconciliations.
• Preparing weekly intracompany funding transfers/requests.
• Preparing required banking documentation for new account setups, due diligence items, regular closing items, etc.
• Liaising with the Production Finance team to help with the onboarding process for all production accounting team members regarding proper bank account access and permissions.
• Preparing detail and support to provide outside audit teams during the year-end audit of the financials.
• Preparing detail and support to provide outside tax teams during the year-end tax returns of the financials.
• Assist in putting together support and information for management (organizational charts, financial schedules, etc.)
Qualifications for the Job include:
• Bachelor's degree
• Professional experience in Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, or similar function
• Be proactive and work well under pressure
• Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, Google Docs and Adobe Suite is a plus
• Excellent organizational skills and superior attention to detail appreciated
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
We require that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If you are applying for a position with the company, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. If you have a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates the vaccination or object to being vaccinated on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices, the company will engage in an interactive dialogue with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided that does not create undue hardship to the company and/or does not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace.
MEDIA RES television studio and motion picture production company develops, produces and finances premium content for global markets in partnership with world-class creative artists, networks and streaming services. Founded by Michael Ellenberg, the company's current slate includes the second season of the award-winning ''The Morning Show,'' starring and executive produced by Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston, and also starring Steve Carrell, on Apple TV+. Other projects in production and development include ''Pachinko,'' based on the beloved international bestseller, and climate change anthology series ''Extrapolations'' from Scott Z. Burns, all for Apple TV+, as well as ''Scenes from a Marriage,'' based on the classic Ingmar Bergman film, starring Jessica Chastain and Oscar Isaac, for HBO, and ''I'm a Virgo,'' written and directed by Boots Riley, starring Jharrel Jerome, set at Amazon.