Senior Secretary - Production Management
Media NetworksBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Are you a born organizer? Do you keep your cool under pressure? Do you have experience supporting a high-level executive? And do you have a soft spot for Disney? If you're nodding your head, then an Executive Support Professional position in Television Animation at The Walt Disney Company might be right for you.
Our Executive Support Professionals are highly-respected because their skills are essential to the success of the company. You'd be part of a dynamic, fast-paced team who bring joy to 2-6 year old Disney Junior viewers through magical storytelling and would work with some of the most creative, intelligent people in the business. Join us – apply today!
This position currently reports to the Executive Director and two Directors of Production.
You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leader(s) you support and would be part of the team who oversee the ''soup to nuts'' production of multiple animated series that are the lifeblood of the Disney Junior channel. It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, travel planning, hundreds of phone messages and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people, about forming strong relationships with your leaders and co-workers, and about understanding how to leverage the human capital within the Disney enterprise to help your executive(s) flourish. As the ''face'' of your executive(s) within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a critical component to its success. Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different! On any given day you might:
• Create a multi-city travel itinerary, taking into account time zones, weather delays, traffic and fatigue levels;
• Review your leader's schedule to build-in time for things like thinking, and getting to/from meetings in our sprawling campus;
• Understand the day's priorities so you can be smart about how you direct phone calls;
• Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats;
• Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles;
• Draft letters and emails on behalf of your leaders;
• Act as ''casual buyer'' of all office supplies for the department, and manage purchase orders and vendor contracts;
• Prepare regular reports and summaries -- you'll have tasks that you ''own'' completely;
• Help create decks for presentation to executive management;
• Assist with on-boarding new employees – you'll be the ''friendly face'' that newbies count on to answer all their questions, including many who are quite senior in the organization;
• Mentor and train younger support professionals in hard skills like computer programs, and soft skills like teamwork;
• Plan offsites as well as gatherings such as series premiere celebrations and service recognition parties;
Here's what you will need to be successful in this job:
• At least 2 years supporting a Director or above and/or equivalent experience;
• Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including clean grammar and a robust vocabulary;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
• Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment;
• Mastery of Microsoft Office programs, good skills in SAP, Sharepoint and Concur;
• A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
• Confidence to learn new programs when necessary;
• Complete reliability handling confidential information;
• Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked, to build solid inter and intra-team relationships;
• Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed;
• Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
• A professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
It would be a plus if you also had these skills:
• Good knowledge of Keynote or other software programs used to create decks and presentations.
• Experience working in a production company environment
• High school degree
• Bachelor's degree
Some of the perks we offer include:
• Admission to our theme parks, paid time off, 401K participation, a retirement savings plan, discounts on a wide variety of offerings, medical/dental/vision insurance and educational reimbursement-just to name a few!
About Disney Channel:
Disney Channel creates content that captures the imaginations of kids and adults of all ages. Our talented professionals harness passion and creativity to tell stories that are loved by millions around the globe. From both classic and cutting-edge animation to blockbuster movies and live-action comedy series, Disney Channel delivers across multiple platforms wherever our audience lives. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Channel.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.