Artist Management Production Department Secretary
Disney Television AnimationGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
The Production Department Secretary for the Director of Artist Management acts as the point of contact among Disney Television employees (including Executives, Executive Assistants and Secretaries as well as Production Artists and Management), other Disney units, and external partners. The primary responsibility for this role is managing the calendar as well as the day-to-day administrative support for the Director of Artist Management. To be successful in this role, one must be proactive, detail orientated, and a great communicator.
• Heavy scheduling. Maintains calendar for the Director of Artist Management which includes solving for overlaps, notifying when meetings shift last minute, looking ahead to ensure calendar isn't overbooked
• Partners with other Production Department Secretaries and Executive Assistants as well as other members of the team to schedule meetings
• Answers phone when necessary and notifies Director of Artist Management when high priorities come through
• Works closely with the Artist Management team to prepare reports, documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and/or special projects
• Assists the Artist Management team with data entry into the DTVA employee database
• Handles highly confidential materials and information
• Provides additional support when needed for Artist Management, Artist Recruitment and Enrichment & Training which may involve planning and/or organizing events, programs and meetings
• Organizes lunch orders and delivery when necessary
• Coordinates travel for Director of Artist Management when needed. May also be asked to assist with travel for others on team
• Completes expense reports for Director of Artist Management per DTVA procedures. May also be asked to assist with expense reports for others on team
• Collaborates with team in suggesting and organizing team-building activities for production artists and management
• Point person for facilities and technology
• Orders supplies for team through SAP E-Source and approved vendors
• Performs all other applicable duties as assigned by Director of Artist Management
• Ability to oversee multiple tasks and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
• Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible and collaborative
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Ability to work both independently and with a team
• Discretion and confidentiality
• Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
• Experience in Artist Management, Recruiting and/or Training a plus
• Ability to travel back and forth from the Glendale and Burbank offices
• PC proficient
• Well versed in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Adobe Acrobat Pro
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
• Knowledge of SAP and Concur a plus
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
Status: Non-exempt hourly, Union OPEIU
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.