Talent Agency Assistant
McDonald Selznick AssociatesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Talent Agency Assistant
McDonald/Selznick Associates, a high caliber NYC talent agency is looking for a competent Assistant to help with the organization and running of the daily administrative operations of the company.
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion. We are not looking for anyone who is performing or planning on returning to performing. This position is intended for someone who is looking to work on the business side of the entertainment industry.
This position would be full time, in-person work. The office is in mid-town Manhattan, and Covid-protocols will be in place to assist in ensuring the safety of all employees.
• Organize office and assist agents in ways that optimize procedures
• Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner
• Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information
• Schedule and plan meetings and appointments
• Monitor level of supplies and handle shortages
• Experience with basic payment handling (reading checks, creating invoices, etc.)
• Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues
• Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies
• Maintain trusting relationships with agents, casting, clients, creatives, and other colleagues
• Proven experience as an assistant, virtual assistant or in another relevant administrative role
• Working knowledge of the entertainment industry, especially in NYC
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Basic accounting skills (creating accurate invoices and following up on payments)
• Proficiency with the entire MS Office Suite, Adobe Pro, Social Medias, and Zoom
• Familiar with industry sites and programs (Breakdown Services, Casting Networks, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on age, race, color, sex, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Salary: Salary: $16-$20/hr
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online