PR + Social Media Director
Maven Marketing & EventsRemote, US
Full Time Job
Remote position (LA, NYC, DC) preferred
Here's what we're about:
We are an award-winning entertainment marketing, public relations and events firm who specializes in leveraging celebrities to market brands. Our goal is to rise above industry standards to create innovative and exciting experiential marketing campaigns for our growing portfolio of prestigious government and corporate clients. Through a collaborative 360-degree approach, we help clients translate marketing initiatives into unforgettable tangible consumer experiences that elevate brand exposure.
Your role in a snapshot
Your passion is storytelling. You are a superstar at communicating brand stories seamlessly with words, photos and/or videos. You are a brand architect, adept at strategically crafting media messages and story angles. You are a self-starter with a deep passion and interest in developing innovative solutions. Ideas constantly pop in your head at work, in the shower, and everywhere in between. You are confident, able to work well under pressure, see the big picture, and diligently execute projects both independently and in teams. You are happy to roll up your sleeves for nitty gritty details of a project to ensure the success of our award-winning campaigns and events.
No two days will be the same, but here is a taster of what to expect as a PR and social media account manager at Maven Marketing & Events. The right candidate will be able to execute the following responsibilities under the direction of the managing partner, with minimal supervision.
Media and influencer relations
• Manage media relations for multiple clients-research, create pitches, lead outreach and cultivate relationships
• Strategic project planning and execution of detailed public relations and social media plans
• Research and compile targeted media and influencer lists for various clients and campaigns
• Produce stellar content -collateral, websites, press releases, and talking points
• Manage content for relevant client websites and collateral updates
• Compose client briefs, update team and suppliers on projects, track development at each stage of the project -
• Manage administrative tasks relevant to the business - develop spreadsheets, presentations, research, build and maintain databases
• Track coverage results and KPIs, in monthly reporting
• Develop content framework for various event and client campaign pitch decks
• Support team overseeing celebrity and VIP events to ensure VIPs have smooth entry to events, obtain autographs, meet & greets, etc. -
• Host VIP (media and influencer) attendees during celebrity dinners and events
• Develop press talking points, Q&As and statements for celebrities and clients
• Plan and execute celebrity media engagement plans - press conferences, roundtables, influencer engagement, social media, and traditional media
• Develop and execute social media strategy
• Track performance using social media marketing tools
• Stay up to date on trends and relevant industry news
• Plan and develop content calendar in the voice of various clients
• Well-versed in SEO and relevant social media metrics
• Coordinate with photographer and videographer on the ground at events to ensure best possible content
• Manage editing process with content creators
• Basic video editing skills for social media stories?
Do you tick the boxes?
We seek professionals with integrity, energy, great work ethic, and the ability to work independently. Most importantly, you must have a passion for setting forth the most creative and efficiently-executed work possible. You can't fake it, you have to love this stuff.
• A minimum of five years media relations experience in an agency setting (required)
• A results-driven, well organized team player who can work effectively and collegially with others via multiple mediums
• A creative at heart who strives for excellence through the development and execution of solid ideas that translate client objectives into measurable success
• A strong writer with excellent communication and presentation skills
• Proactive self-starter with a drive to get things done - whether by thinking outside the box, following up with suppliers, offering suggestions when faced with roadblocks and more
• Self-motivated to complete work in a timely manner with little to no follow up and supervision required. Must thrive in a culture of accountability and have a 'no excuses, just get it done' attitude
• A spectacular deadline-driven, multi-tasker
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online