Jr. Accountant / Bookkeeper
Mass Appeal Media, Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
Mass Appeal is a New York-based media and content company whose mission is to represent and progress urban culture on a global scale. Since its inception in 1996, the brand has been living, breathing and definitively documenting youth-born culture worldwide. Through its crossplatform model with business in film & TV, digital media, music and commercial content, Mass Appeal has emerged as one of the most authentic and premium voices of urban culture worldwide.
Title: Junior Accountant / Bookkeeper
Location: New York, NY
Reporting to the VP of Finance and working closely with the Senior Accountant, the Jr. Accountant / Bookkeeper will support the finance department in carrying out its day-to-day responsibilities such as processing accounts payable, reconciling bank transactions and the corporate credit card, assisting in account analysis, creating invoices, filing, mailing, maintaining records, and helping with special projects.
- Reconcile the Company's main operating bank account daily
- Upload the Company's credit card transactions and classify transactions daily
- Job cost accounting for the production, creative services, and film/tv divisions of the company
- Pay vendors, verifying federal id numbers, schedule and prepare checks and electronic payments
- Process staff expense claims monthly
- Maintain orderly support files for the department
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly/quarterly/annual financial package
- Other duties, analysis or projects as assigned by management
- 1 to 2+ years relevant accounting experience in a similar role
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited university
- Must be detailed oriented, organized and have the ability to multi-task
- Must be a self-starter, able to begin workflow each day with limited supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with accounting software: Quickbooks, Great Plains, etc.
- Must live in the Greater New York City Area
$40,000. However, may be negotiable depending upon experience.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online