Vice President, Physical Production
Marvista EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Head of Production, the Vice President, Physical Production will work with the department in all aspects of physical production and postproduction of our expansive slate of original productions. The key function of this position is to manage and keep the team apprised of multiple projects requiring daily contact with internal and external stakeholders.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Direct and maintain studio oversight of a growing slate of 80+ projects per year (movies and series)
• Effectively manage members of the in-house production team to ensure scheduling, budgeting, and planning tasks are completed with accuracy and efficiency
• Oversee multiple projects simultaneously; builds and maintains relationships with key external partners
• Slate scheduling internationally and successfully vetting new producers
• Engage creative executives and external producers on preliminary breakdowns, budgets, and schedules
• Partner closely with the Line Producer and Production Accountant across various budget levels to review budgets and cashflows, and monitor cost reports, hot costs, residuals, and security deposits
• Track the pipeline status for each project for both production and post-production
• Collaborate with Production Finance teams to organize and run post-mortem meetings to review and reconcile delivered projects
• Liaise with Business Affairs to ensure efficient sharing of information and deal tracking
• Identify vendors and deals to be implemented across our large volume of productions
• Assess production locations and tax incentive opportunities
• Own projects, processes, programs, and resources
• Make final decisions on administrative or operational matters
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 12+ years of experience in physical production (TV, TV Episodic, Feature Film)
• Bachelor's degree in related area
• Ability to effectively run multiple projects, effectively collaborate across cross-functional teams, problem-solver
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
• Exceptional organizational skills and detail-oriented to manage many projects simultaneously
• Extensive experience with production and tax incentives.
• Proficient in Movie Magic Budgeting and scheduling
• Proficient computer skills, proficient with MS Office/Excel and MS Outlook and industry software
• Knowledge of Final Draft, Post Production flow
• Knowledge of union and guild agreements: IA, DGA, WGA Teamsters, and SAG
• Proven leader who cares about culture, building relationships, and delivering best-in-class work, with strong people management skills
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $110,000.00-150,000.00 annually for California. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFOX Entertainment
FOX Entertainment has the power to break through. We seek to pierce pop culture with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal and elicits visceral reactions form our audiences. FOX has been the #1 A18-49 rated network for 2 years in a row and we got there through innovation and perseverance, as well as excellent content including shows such as THE MASKED SINGER, 9-1-1, CALL ME KAT and THE GREAT NORTH. FOX Entertainment programming includes a mix of Drama, Comedy, Alternative, Animation and Specials. Also within the Fox family are brands such as TUBI, FOX Alternative Entertainment, FOX SPORTS, FOX NEWS, FOX BET, Bento Box, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Credible.